Meet the coaches who will be leading our on ice programs this season!
All of the lead and assistant coaches have current background clearance in place for work with youth.
Club Head Coach and Coach Coordinator :
Derrick MacLeod, ChPC /Bkin
Chartered Professional Coach (ChPC) – Level IV Candidate
Graduate of National Coaching Institute – Atlantic Division
Master Learning Facilitator and Evaluator with Speed Skate Canada
1998 = Level III NCCP Certification in Speed Skating
1995 = Bachelor of Physical Education (Sport Science/Psychology)
University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick.
· 2010- 2015 – Director at Large with Coach NB
· Since 2006- Master Learning Facilitator.
· Since 2006 - Atlantic Representative to Speed Skate Canada’s Club and Membership Development SSC.
· 2006 - 2012 Chair of SSNB’s Coaching Committee
· 2000-2003 and 2005-2006 – Elected member of Speed Skate New Brunswick’s Coaching committee
· 2001-2011 – Speed Skate New Brunswick and Canada Games Long Track Speed Skating Head Coach.
· Since 1997 – Head Coach of Fredericton Speed Skating Club.
· 1998-1999 – Elected member of Speed Skate New Brunswick’s Athlete Development Committee
· 1997-1998 – Elected member of Speed Skate New Brunswick’s Competition Committee
· 1990-1993 – Speed Skate New Brunswick’s Skater’s Representative
· 1979 – First year Speed Skating with Riverview Speed Skating Club
Highlights of Achievements
· Speed Skate Canada Coach of the year - 2014-2015 Season
Since 2009 - New Brunswick Speed Skating High Performance Group Head Coach and Coordinator. Full Time as of December 2011. During this time achieved 3 individual CWG medals, 4 team CWG medals and three athletes moving on to the National Team.
· 2008- Winner of Coaching Excellence Award from SSC
· 2005 – Speed Skate Canada’s Coaching Mentorship program
· 2002-2015- Attended Nationals in the capacity of SSNB Assistant coach and/or Head Coach.
· 2003 – MacLeod Family was winner Of Gagne Family Award from Speed Skate Canada for Volunteerism
· 2002- Recipient of Petro Canada Sport’s Scholarship for achievement in coaching
· 2001- 2010 – Competed in Run New Brunswick Road Racing Circuit in Distances of 5KM to Full Marathon
· Since 1998 I have had thirteen athletes go on to attend Nationals training Centers for both Long Track and Short Track. Plus Fredericton athletes have broken over 120 provincial records and won numerous National medals.
· 1994 – Level II Certification in Flat Water Canoeing
· 1993 – Level I Certification in Rowing
· 1991 – Alternate to 1991 New Brunswick Canada Games Team
· 1987-1998 - Member of Speed Skate New Brunswick Provincial Skating Team and competed in Coupe du Quebec A level Competitions, National and North American Championships
· 1986- Present – Started coaching while a skater in Riverview in 1986. Started coaching in Fredericton in 1990